It’s time for a good ol’ gathering of internet gems, y’all!
- Love love love this. I’m so thankful to have a husband who is more than willing to cook & clean, but I know many women don’t. And having not one, but two jobs while also trying to be there for my family means our house looks like a mess a lot of the time, even with Max’s help. And this reminds me that I really need to work on my word of the year, give myself some grace and be ok with the mess sometimes if it means tickle fights with Peanut, baby talk with Pumpkin, or a movie night with Max.
- This is so powerful, and so true. I love her humor and honesty (if you’re a mama who likes some sarcasm and blunt honesty about parenting, read this), but this post is so incredibly real: “There is never any weakness in showing mercy and grace because those characteristics are the very heartbeat of God. Let’s live in a way that teaches our children the importance of loving our neighbor and that peers aren’t our competition. We can cheer each other on without being afraid it takes something from us when we realize that God has each of us exactly where we’re meant to be. The comparison trap is an endless vortex of nothingness that only serves to make us feel insecure and discontent because we are measuring our insides against someone else’s outside.”
- This is absolutely hilarious. I can only imagine what moves Peanut would be putting out there! Also, I would take that class.
- This is incredibly cool! Takes love of photography to a whole new level, and I love how they stay true to the area while building the camera.
- I can’t tell y’all how much I needed this! It was a great reminder to continue to focus on my word of the year, grace, and to give myself the permission to not do it all. Or maybe to demand that of myself. Because being stretched too thin isn’t pretty, and it’s worse when that streching was one I chose on my own.
Here’s another installment of things out there on the internet that have brought a smile to my face (and maybe a tear to my eye)!
- Coming out of the holiday season, it’s easy to see people getting caught up in the material things… So this is just awesome to watch strangers be able to bring such joy to one another!
- O my goodness.. this brought tears to my eyes, y’all. We’re a Pampers family but dang did Huggies get it right with this! Such an incredible gift for this mother, and an incredible reminder to appreciate all of the things we take for granted each and every day.
- This is really incredible in so many ways. I think that lately photographers tend to be seen as people who just take a picture, but in reality we are so much more. A good photographer should try to find out more about who you are, and then use their own unique vision and capabilities to bring that understanding to life and produce a portrait that speaks to who you are as a person, a couple, a family. This is what I try to do with each and every wedding or session I shoot! Use my style of photography to really highlight the essence of YOU.
- These are such great reminders to keep perspective! I just love #7, #9 & #18. Especially #18.
- Love this show. And these characters. And this just cracks me up.
Time for another round-up of some good ol’ heartwarming goodness from around the internet… And this group is full of love & the power of God (in multiple ways)! Enjoy a few of my recent favorite finds!
- “Every so often, we have had the opportunity to serve and bless and love on people, and I am always infinitely more fulfilled with those opportunities than I am with the opportunities to make a great return on my investment from a business standpoint” -Chip Gaines LOVE LOVE LOVE this article about a couple I am a huge fan of! This is the way I feel about loving & serving my photography clients and I couldn’t agree with them more!
- As a photographer and a big lover of storms, this is just perfect for me!! This makes me want to go out and challenge myself to try some time-lapse photography sometime soon. It also really makes me miss Lubbock & being able to see incoming storms looming in the distance and transforming as they made their way toward the city.
- And you can just add another reason to the list why I love JJ Watt! This is too sweet. What a neat memory for that little girl and her family!
- Holy commercial! This is tooooo sweet!! Good job, Extra. Good job.