As a part of my Yearly Bucket List, I’ve been keeping a Happiness Journal in the month of October. It’s not in a cute notebook, or a classy leather-bound journal. It’s on my iPhone. It doesn’t have pictures to accompany each day’s entry. In fact, there really aren’t many photos to go along at all (just a few phone shots). They aren’t long entries detailing exactly what that brand of happiness felt like. To sum up – it’s not what I planned on doing.
But it’s perfect. It’s enough for me to remember that moment. I didn’t have to break out of the happiness to try to get a blog-worthy photo that could get the essence of that happiness across. I get to just wholly be in that moment, and jot it down on my phone later.
As I go, I’ll post updates of the things – both big & little – that spurred a feeling of genuine happiness. I’ve already found that I’m much more aware of each happy moment throughout my day – definitely a great thing!!! Here’s days 1-13:
- Having Dad here in town to take care of a sick Peanut.
- Recovering better than expected from my wisdom teeth coming out – hooray for not much swelling!!
- Happy that we are able to have medicine to give Peanut to help her feel better.
- Gorgeous weather outside – a little glimpse of fall.
- Seeing Peanut in her “Daddy’s Grilling Buddy” outfit – complete with chef hat and mitt! (This is one I’ll be sure to get better photos of later, but on that day I was not feeling good at all!)
- Curling up with reading materials – a book recommended by a good friend, and “trash” magazines that Max picked up for me to read during my recovery!
- Seeing my First Year Photo Project students opening up and supporting one another as they were talking about their fears.
- Finally having Advil kicking in to relieve my horrible headache.
- Watching the Texans game with my mom – her enthusiasm is oh-so-entertaining, and I love that she’s passed down her love of football to me!
- Peanut running over to me to come snuggle for a minute as I headed out the door to work.
- Taking my best friend’s engagement photos!!!! (Gotta post a sneak peek… be on the lookout for more of these two soon!)
- Warm oatmeal chocolate chip cookies straight out of the oven.
- Peanut saying “mama” and taking multiple breaks during playing to come snuggle into my chest for a few seconds. Cue this mama’s heart bursting with happiness and love!
Lots of little things (and lots of great people) that have made a big impact on my heart and on my day!!
What’s something that made you happy in the past few days?
7 thoughts on “Happiness Journal – Days 1-13”
The best one was the last one…I’d give anything to hear her say ‘Mama’ or ‘DaDa”
We will have to set up a FaceTime session to show off all her new tricks! And I’m sure she’ll be saying all kinds of fun things by the time Thanksgiving rolls around.
Pingback: Happiness Journal – Days 29-31 | b.marie.photography - Nacogdoches, Tx photographer
Pingback: The Yearly Bucket List | b.marie.photography - Nacogdoches, Tx photographer
Pingback: The Yearly Bucket List – Status Update | b.marie.photography - Nacogdoches, Tx photographer
Pingback: Yearly Bucket List Update – Round 2 | b.marie.photography - Nacogdoches, Tx photographer
Pingback: The Yearly Bucket List – Year 1 Recap | b.marie.photography - Nacogdoches, Tx photographer